Thursday, February 18, 2010

Double Duty: Vaseline Petroleum Jelly


In an effort to save money and keep my makeup bag light, I occasionally like to keep products on hand that multitask. These products come in hand regularly - especially when traveling. So I've decided to highlight some of my favorite things that have more than one (or two) uses.


You know how in the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding the father puts Windex on everything? Well, Vaseline is my Windex. Most people know this already, but, if I may quote my favorite hot sauce slogan, I put that shit on everything! It's a constant mainstay in my makeup bag - even when rotating seasonal items.


Aside from using it on scrapes and burns (something to keep in mind during those curling iron misshapes), you can use it on dry winter hands and its safe enough to use on your face (its non-comedogenic, color and fragrance-free). In fact, I once read that a bike messenger in NYC would use it on his face to prevent chapping when riding around the city in the winter time. According to the label, you can also use it to "reduce the appearance of fine, dry lines", though I'll admit, I've never used it for this purpose. Personally, I use it as a reliable remedy for chapped lips! In fact, its my favorite lip gloss (if I may call it that)! It goes on light, it's moisturizing but not sticky, looks natural and makes your lips look seksi and juicy! And if you want to create that dewy look, you can put a little on your cheekbones for a light glow.


[Travel size next to cell phone for reference]

Just remember, a little goes a long way. It's easy to overuse the stuff on your face and hands if you're using it as a hand moisturizer. It can leave them feeling a bit tacky before it fully sinks into your skin. Among all its uses, the other thing I really like about it is its price. The small travel size will run about $1.50 and let me tell you, it lasts forever (as you can see by the worn packaging of my jar above)!

Size: Net Wt. 1.75 oz. (49g)
Price: $1.47 [or $4.49 for 13 oz.]
Buy It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails