Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Inspiration: Purple




There are few things on the planet that I love more than purple. Even as a wee child, I can remember demanding my mom to buy me the purple (insert item here). No matter what it was, if it was purple, I liked it and I had to have it.

So it should be no surprise that I buy purple makeup. Lots of it.



I tend to forget what makeup I have and in what colors because if you’re like me, well, out of sight out of mind. Until I was reminded by a another blog that I in fact, have purple lipstick! not Lady GaGa purple (although that would be flippin incredible), but more of a gothy, deep, dark almost-black-plum.


[me in MAC's Cyber with a layer of Hipster on top]

Back in my younger days, I thought I could never pull off the goth look (I blame my deep caramel skin-tone and my crazy curly hair), and as I’ve gotten older, I don’t have the urge to try, but there are just some things from your childhood - influences, fads, images, what-have-you, that just kind of... stay with you! So, 10 years later, I’ve decided to finally rock the deep purple lip color. And you know something, it ain’t all that bad! Ha! Who knew...

And this time, I'm in pretty good company:


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails